Tuesday, October 6, 2009

"My Actual Life in The USA" by Cecilia Palacios



I am going to write about my experiences living in this country.  I have been living here for almost eight years. I came here with my husband and my five year old daughter with the idea to work for one or two years and then all of us return to my country.  Soon I started at work here. I really enjoyed my job. I liked my job because I was in Customer Service and I enjoyed the contact with the people. At that time, my husband got a job too, and my little daughter started school. Gradually, we adapted to the ways of this country.  My little daughter started to speak English very fast, and she was happy because she had a good home with Mom and Dad.  Now, my family has grown. I have three wonderful kids which are my entire life. Now, my work is to take care of them. But I feel the responsibility to educate myself and to be the best person I can each day. I come to Mission Campus every day because I want to learn. I want to be a good example for them. I want to go to their schools and understand everything their teachers have to say. I don’t want to have an interpreter. I want to speak English fluently and clearly. Every day I pray to God to be a good Mom and to guide my children on the right path. I wish some day they will feel proud of me. I want to be an inspiration for them, so that they can move forward. I hope that they will become wise adults and some day they can go to college and reach their goals. I know they can do it, and I want to be there for them.

No comments: