Friday, March 11, 2011

“My Story” by Carolina Velasquez

Pine Trees and Banana Trees in Honduras















My name is Carolina Velasquez. I was born in Honduras,and I grew up in small urban town that was beautiful, with hot weather and a lot of pine trees. The biggest town just has a small elementary school, and one preschool, a middle school, a high school, and a health center. I remember playing with my relatives and friends in the evening. They were great moments. I have seven siblings. When I had to move to the capital,I was sad at first, but later I felt comfortable, and I enjoyed the city. I lived in my aunt's house. I went to college and got my GED. After that, I got a job in a bank as a teller. I worked there for eight months and then decided to come to the U.S.A. I ended up in San Francisco. I have lived here seven years and now I can come to school to improve my English. Every day I come to school to learn and practice. I would like to speak clearly and correct my mistakes, but it is taking me a lot of time. I wish some day my dream will come true, and I will feel confident in my ability to speak English.

No comments: