Monday, April 27, 2009

"A Special Friendship" by Maria Valle Merino


As time goes by, you have the opportunity to think about the friends you have in your life. People say that you can count them in one hand, and that’s a truth. When you find a real friend, try to keep that person for the rest of your life. My mother said that when I was a little girl, I liked to talk with everyone, no matter who it was, an animal or a person. I had love for everybody, and I talked too much. Right now, I choose my friends, but still I like to talk. By now, I have learned to listen more and to talk when it is necessary only.

As you grow up, you realize that there are a few people who came into your life and stayed with you always. When days are good or bad, it’s nice to have good feelings about them. No matter if they are living close to you or far away, you have them inside your heart.

I have a few very good friends in my life. I remember them and they remember me. I still keep them. But now, I have a special friend who entered my life almost sixteen years ago. He is my son, Aaron. He is the most important person in my life. We spent hours of good talking, and we like the same things. We enjoy the same kind of music. He is a mature teenager. I think it is because he doesn’t have a sister or a brother, and he has developed a strong relationship with me. He gives me advice when I do something wrong and listens to me when he has done wrong things. I understand he is not perfect. Nothing in this world is perfect. I think that we come to this world to learn how to grow up and do the things the best we can, and try to be a better people, inside and out. Pretty soon he is going to be and adult, and I hope one day, he remembers me, his mother, like a special friend in his life.

No comments: