Thursday, May 10, 2012

"Think Positive" by Andrea Coto


“Everything you can imagine is real”
Pablo Picasso.
Thinking about what is important to me, I noticed that I want to transmit to other people something that changed my life completely: the secret of thinking positive.

When I was eighteen years old, a book and a movie came to me that changed my life completely: "The Secret". This book was written by Rhonda Byrne. There is a movie of the book. The book is a compilation of different experiences from people who believe in the power of the mind and how people can attract the things they want, based on their thoughts and the idea that the universe makes a response in favor of people. When I watched the movie for the first time, I did not believe in what they were saying. After that I read the book, and I understood so many things about the movie, and I started to practice The Secret.

I always think that a positive attitude can change a lot of things. Examples of people who dreamed to have a better world are: Mahatma Gandhi, Martin Luther King, Albert Einstein, Lao Tse, and Monsieur Romero. I believe that these people knew something that made them different from others and that difference is the famous secret: they had the courage to defend their thoughts and what they wanted by focusing on their goals with positivism. The experiences, knowledge, and the possibility to help other people based on those things make us stronger in this life.

Something that I learned from that book is that you have to create your own space of dreams. There is an exercise to create a mural with the things and goals that you aspire to get. If you want to finish a career, you have to cut something from the newspaper or magazine that represents that, and paste it on your mural. Also, if you want to get married, have children or even if you are planning a travel you should put these dreams in that space. With this exercise you are attracting every particle of the universe and you are focusing on what is going to happen in the future. For example, I created a check with an amount of money for my future, and I got a job that is helping me to save money for my present and my future.

The best gift that God could give us is to dream and the opportunity to be better day after day. I consider myself as a huge-realistic dreamer and the person who transmitted this to me is my mother: “Never give up” and “always be focused on what you want”, are two of many lessons that my mother told me before I came to the U.S. these lessons always echo in my mind and cause me to make progress.

I would like other people to get into their minds that if you are holding God’s hands, everything is possible. Our minds are powerful, and they are built to change our environment by attracting the positive things that we want.

The decision to be a different person is in your hands. Think positive. Just try it and you will realize the difference between the life you had before and the life that you really want to live.

No comments: